Either you get acne or end up with a monster sunburn, or be it any other face related issues, there are high chances that you’ll turn to Aloevera gel to soothe your scorched skin. The reason is that it brings much relief during the healing process, almost like a superhero. And you would’ve probably wondered what else Aloevera gel is capable of.
The magic of ‘Aloe Vera’:
Aloe Vera is a cactus-like plant usually known for its healing and medicinal properties. Its stem store water, creating a transparent clear, gel-like substance rich in vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, and other beneficial kinds of stuff. This aloe gel has been used throughout history to treat the number of skin care conditions.
So let’s discuss why you should make Aloe Vera gel a permanent part of your daily skincare routine:
Benefits of Aloe Vera for face:
- Soothes severe Sunburn: Aloevera gel contains elements that encourage skin repair and new skin cells to develop. This in return, helps to heal the sunburns caused due to severe heat. It also relieves skin irritation caused due to Inflammation which causes many skin conditions. Aloe Vera gel contains compounds that suppress inflammation and add moisture to the skin.
- Aloe Vera as a moisturizer: As Aloe Vera gel contains mostly water, it helps to keep the skin hydrated without that greasy feeling caused due to other cosmetics. It helps to lock the moisture into the skin, while also acting as a glue that makes the skin cells stick together, eventually smoothing and softening your skin. It’s the perfect product for anyone with an oily skin complexion. While for women who use make-up, it acts as a moisturizer for the face prior to the application of makeup and for men it can also be used as an aftershave treatment as the healing properties of Aloe Vera treat small cuts caused during shaving.
- Fights acne: Besides having some serious antibacterial skills, Aloe Vera gel contains exfoliants that help to unclog pores, making it specifically helpful if you are dealing with pimples and blackheads. A strong Bonus is, it also acts as an anti-inflammatory on the oil glands that are the major cause for acne.
- Treat cold sores: Aloe Vera acts as an antiseptic that helps to speed up the healing process too. It creates antibodies in the immune system that in return is used to fight the cold sore virus.
- Slow down the signs of ageing: Aloe Vera gel stimulates skin cell’s activity, which creates fibres that make the skin less wrinkled. Meanwhile, other minerals work to tighten pores, and antioxidants, such as vitamins C and E, prevents the formation of free radicals.
- Prevent and fade dark spots: Aloe Vera gel prevents the enzyme responsible for skin discolouration, from doing its thing, basically suppressing the UV-induced hyperpigmentation and the skin-damaging effects of sunburns. This mechanism also helps in the prevention of dark spots, while the other various antioxidants fade sun damages.
- Lightly exfoliate: Aloe Vera gel contains acts an exfoliator, which helps to gently slough off dead skin cells. It also contains a good amount of lignin which enhances the penetrative effect of other ingredients into the skin layer.
From the various benefits that we’ve discussed throughout the article, it’s clear that the rapport of Aloe Vera has been established through centuries. There is a number of applications for the nutrients contained within Aloe Vera, which are a great addition to revolutionize the daily skincare routine.
We understand that not everyone plans to ditch their regular skincare regime and switch to aloe vera products completely. This is why we recommend using Aloe Vera products manufactured by global brands which are Paraben & SLS free, as they contain all the properties in its natural state and give your skin the nourishment it needs.